Ghale Gaun Trek (8 Days)
Price From$ 900 USD
- Unique Lifestyles of Gurung Community
- Panoramic views of Snow Capped Mountain
- Explore traditional lifestyle of the Gurung people along with their traditional songs,dresses and so on.
- Whats Included
The Ghale Gaun trek is the perfect trek in which to experience the unique lifestyles of the Gurung (the world-famous Gurkha soldiers), along with panoramic views of snow-cappedmountains. This is just off course of the crowded trekking route to the famous Annapurnas; this route runs northwest of the Annapurna trail. The route splits from Khudi and leads to the beautiful, traditional village of Ghalegaun, which is located at an altitude of 2020meters above sea level. Traditional cultural practices are still followed by the locals during births, deaths, marriages and in other ritualistic activities. Locals perform old cultural dances such as Jyaure, Serka, Dohori, Ghatu, Sorathi, Jankri etc. on various occasions by using different musical instruments along with traditional, unique dress. The trail also leads you through the forest of rhododendron flowers, past waterfalls, and through many more traditional villages along the way.The walking on this trek is not very tiring.
Even with all of the amazing sights mentioned above, the natural beauties are truly the main attractions of this trek. You will have majestic views of the Himalayas, such as Machhapuchhare(6693m) Annapurna II (7939m), Annapurna(8091m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Lamjung Himal, Himalchuli (6747m), Bouddha Himal (6974m) and many more snowy mountains. This trip grants you perfect memories of traditional cultures with their warm hospitality as well as memories of the great views of the Himalayas, which will remainin your heart throughout the rest of your life.
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: 00977-98511-67236
If mention program itinerary doesn't suit to you and wish to modify above itinerary then please let us know and we'll be happy to create a tailor made itinerary especially for you. It is also possible to combines above trip with Jungle safari, rafting, Mountain flight or with any travel plans, just shares your interested with us. We will design and arrange your holiday accordingly.
Upon arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuwan International Airport, A One Treks will greet you and assist you to the Hotel. We can meet later on that day (if possible) or the next day to take you to our head office to brief you on your upcoming Trek with us. At that time we will introduce you to your trekking guide and Sherpa. If your flight arrives on time, we will take you to one of the most popular local restaurants with delicious Nepalese food, cultural music and ethnic dance. This will give you a glimpse into the different ethnic groups of the country. If you arrive late in the evening we can do this the next day.
After breakfast, you will begin a city tour of Kathmandu where you will see the main attractions of the valley. On this tour you will visit the Boudhnath Stupa, Pashupatinath temple, Swyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple), and Kathmandu Durbar Square (the old palace). After finishing the city tour, we will meet again to check your clothing and trekking equipment (sleeping bag, down jacket and trekking boots).
Our guide will meet you at the hotel as per departure time and takes you to the bus station where your journey starts towards west of Kathmandu through Prithivi highway till Dumre. After that the road turns towards north to Besisahar. This is an excellent drive which has interesting scenery of the Mountains, Rivers, waterfalls and Jungle as well as farm terraces and village on the mountains.
After breakfast at the lodge, the trek begins toward northwest of Khudi along the bank of the river. It is beautiful walking through the forest and many waterfalls along the way. After a short ascend you reach Ghalegaun village which is beautiful settlement of Gurung which is major ethnic group of Nepal. This evening spend your time to walk around the village.
Wake up early morning for beautiful sunrise and breakfast with the Gurung family. After that, walk around the village to explore their traditional lifestyle. Evening cultural program takes place at the village where locals perform their traditional songs with traditional dress.
After breakfast the trail descends through the small village and forest to the river side. The trail continues leads along the bank of the river till Khudi.
Breakfast at the lodge and take bus ride back to Kathmandu. It is beautiful driving along the Prithivi highway which has beautiful scenery. Arrive evening in Kathmandu and walk around Thamel for the last shopping if require.
It is our last day or you can extend your holiday if you have time. If you schedule is to departure from Kathmandu we would drop you to the airport as per your schedule.
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle.
- 3 Nights twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu at tourist standard hotel with breakfast
- One full day guided city tour by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance
- Annapurna trekking permits and Tims permits
- Bus transportation to Besisahar/Khudi and return
- Breakfast in the city and full meals during the trek and jungle safari
- Gov. licensed and well trained English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- A porter (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local tax and Gov tax
- Down jackets and sleeping bags
- Nepal arrival visa
- Meals in the city except breakfast and above mentioned special dinner
- Monument entrance fees
- Your personal nature expenses eg. Mineral water, Beer, Coke and entire beverage etc
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation
- Tips and any other extending trips and accommodation.
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun Hat
- Lip balm
- Upper body
- T- Shirts (2)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/ or jacket (Included)
- Light weight gloves
- Heavy weight gloves/ mittens with a waterproof outer shell
- Lower body
- Underwear (4)
- Hiking shocks (2)
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks (4)
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks (4)
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/ or sandals)(Gaiters only for winter)
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F (Included)
- Headlamp with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small padlock or combination lock
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags- for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (you will carry your own small daypack)
- Water bottles (2)
- Hiking poles/ walking sticks
- Soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothbrush etc
- Ear plugs
- Small wash towel
- Camera with extra batteries and cards/ film
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Reading book
- Trail Map/ Guide book
- Journal & Pen
- IPod & Travel games (i.e. cards, chess, and backgammon)
Your health and safety are always major concern while traveling with A One Treks. Please note that your leader/guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure leads to travel in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deflect from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary.
The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be adjustable if required.